Delaware has a long and commanding presence in research and technology innovation in the life sciences, materials, and analysis industries.
- DuPont, one of the largest global science based companies, was founded in Delaware, with its corporate research center and headquarters still located in Wilmington, Del.
- W.L. Gore & Associates, the global fluoropolymer technology and manufacturing company, was founded and thrives in Newark, DE.
- AstraZeneca, the global research-based biopharmaceutical company, has its U.S. corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities located in Delaware.
- Air Liquide, a world leader in gases for industry, health and the environment, has located its U.S. R&D and Technology Center in Delaware.
- Agilent Technologies, the world’s premier measurement company, has some of its major manufacturing locations here in Delaware.
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, a diagnostics company with global reach, also has a presence in Delaware.
These larger corporations and many development-stage companies have established Delaware as the place to be when it comes to research and technology innovation.
Founded in 1743, the University of Delaware is a major research institution providing the community with outstanding scientists and engineers, a highly skilled and educated workforce and access to research and intellectual property.
The Delaware Technology Park (DTP) further serves Delaware as a hub for research and technology innovation. DTP is home to development-stage companies in the life science, advanced materials, information technology and renewable energy industries that are advancing research and technology innovation and powering the state’s economy.